Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Optimism

I spend most of my days now studying about war, its methods and its weapons.
We've been learning about landmines as of late and I'm more convinced than ever that war is horrifying. I truly believe it is necessary at times, but always horrifying.

Sometimes I have to wonder about my chosen profession and my somewhat gentle demeanor (translation: I'm a softy, especially for cute little animals.)
And then I saw this picture:

I think I can strike a balance.

On a totally separate note, I think this is the happiest dog I have ever seen in my life. But who wouldn't be with a pygmy goat friend.

And if anyone cares, I've got the conclusion of my 3x5 story, but I wanted to put a buffer between the latest installment and the conclusion.

3 comments:

Janna said...

I may or may not have made the second picture my background at work.

Jill said...

i love that pic.

Chong said...

You have sparked my curiosity. What is your chosen profession?