Sunday, June 28, 2009

Death of a salesman

I've always loved infomercials.
My Saturday mornings were filled with Ron Popeil, Anthony Sullivan, and Joe Farago.
I can nearly recite the entire MagicBullet, GT Express , or Popeil Food Dehydrator informercials word for word.

But today is a dark day in the infomercial world.
The titan Billy Mays has passed away.
From Oxi-Clean to the Dual-Saw your near-yelling sales pitches always had me hooked.
I should have called when you told me to....but now I never can.

If only I had realized you were the one available for a limited time only.

Billy Mays 1958 - 2009


4 comments:

Joe said...

Heck yeah Logan, thanks for the post. Tracy and I just heard the news on TV and we were both mad about how all this Michael Jackson coverage is smothering everything else. But we came and found your post and we now feel much better. A true legend has left us today.

bbond said...

"I should have called when you told me to....but now I never can"

Logan - you are awesome

Rad Ryan said...

We have Ed McMahon! Farrah Fawcett! Michael Jackson! And if you call in the next 60 seconds well throw in Billy Mays for free!

Hey are you ever coming down here?

Christine said...

lmao. classic.