Monday, April 26, 2010

Re-Arrange

At a certain point I just give up on trying to fall asleep. I sit in front of my computer, listen to music, and draw.
I've never been a talented artist. But its relaxing and relatively mindless for me. It allows me to forget about how not tired I am, but not so engrossing that should my eyes get weak and scratchy, I won't notice. (That's why you see the same people and things over and over again.)
I like to add the lyrics of whatever song I happen to be listening to on repeat. The lyrics in my drawings aren't meant to be autobiographical, except to tell you what song was playing as I sat hunched over my desk, unable to sleep. But I suppose if the song is enjoying a heavy rotation when a drawing is taking place, there is a reason behind it. But who knows?

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Love it. Love the whale's contribution. Love the thought-robot. Love the song. Too much loving for one small cartoon.

Emily Conkey said...

I love this song, by the way! I love your blog, also. You are reliable for some good fun and awesome drawing. Also, what you say about not being a talented artist is definitely not true. I love your drawings.