Monday, August 16, 2010

Is that a bunny on his hat?

I have repeatedly applied to the Wal-Mart across the street from me and have been told repeatedly "no thanks."
I just watched a documentary on Wal-Mart and as it showed a group of new hires starting their shift all I could think to myself was, "Well, its finally happened. Not sustaining a massive brain-damaging blow to the head has come to bite me in the butt."
Maybe I'm just overqualified.

Disclaimer: Although most of the Wal-Mart employees I encounter are kind, helpful, and intelligent, I'll be watching myself if I'm ever in that particular Omaha-area store. Yikes. Dredged the bottom of the pool for those hires.

1 comment:

Katie Leigh said...

As someone who got through college on Wal-Mart's dime (me and Mike, in fact), I have to admit that it was actually a challenge to get hired. But not nearly as challenging as not killing everyone else that worked there. I actually had to flip the intelligence switch in my brain to 'off' every time I clocked in just to survive.