Friday, October 8, 2010

Miracles

If I had to describe how I'm feeling right now I'd only need one word: Victory. Yes victory. I feel like that plucky little bunch of amateurs that showed the unbelievers of this world that they didn't care what they were saying and that they'd show them, and the whole world for that matter, where they could stick their opinions...and they'd show them on the ice in the lilliputian town of Lake Placid.

I remember siting in front of the old Magnavox, rabbit ears covered in tinfoil, saying to Lydia, who was seated next to me, "Ain't gonna happen. No way these untested youngsters have the heart and gumption to stand against the mighty Soviet juggernaut." Word for word that's what I said. Boy did they show me.

"Do you believe in miracles Lydia....YES!!" I coined that. I said it first. Verbatim.

Sure someone else got credit for saying it, but this was bigger than me and my eloquence. America needed this win. Hell, I needed this win.

To sum it up, I feel victory.



3 comments:

bbond said...

I do not get the connection between the short story and the cartoon, but I love the cartoon. Wait, then what about snuffalupagus? In the end, are muppets simply defined by human control? Some were puppets, but many were simply hands-inside cloth (like cookie monster.

Mike and Jana Black said...

wait, what's your major again?

Logg said...

National Security Studies with a minor in watercolors. I thought that would be obvious.