Monday, March 10, 2008

Kathari Deftera

Happy Greek holiday that I don't understand!
My buddy Brigham served his mission in Greece and apparently today was "Fly a kite day" in Greece. (Actually it is some religious holiday with a fancy name. Brigham did explain it but, well, he got to the 'fly a kite' part and I kind of lost focus.)
But I figured I could celebrate a Greek holiday. I practically am Greek. I love Gyros, I'm sculpted like a Greek god, and I don't much care for the Turks. (Note: Actually don't mind the Turks)(Note: Never actually met a Turk.)

The weather report called for 0 mph winds with up to 1 mph gusts.
Conditions were perfect.


This isn't quite as high as the kite would get, but it was close.

Notice the look of wonderment and childlike amusement on my face. There sure is something therapeutic about watching a kite soar majestically in the clouds.
(Soaring 7 feet above your head is also very therapeutic.)

5 comments:

Greg said...

wow, you cut your hair!

bbond said...

your comments are wonderful. we should each include a link to each other's posts with the same pictures and such. just to compare views of the same FANTASTIC event.

Unknown said...

I am sorry.. but you are causing my insides to rip. Your body is sculpted like a Greek God?! Love it. And you flew kites on campus and I missed it? I hate you for that. And Gyros... we should go sometime if you know a good place- I love them like a fat kid loves... fattening agents...

Jill said...

i will concede that you are sculpted like a greek god (or at least your ears...11) if you will let me know next time you are flying kites on campus so i can come play.

Anonymous said...

I do so very much enjoy your blog. You may have inspired me to start blogging again..not that mine ever will be or ever was as "cool" as yours, but maybe I'll start again regardless...maybe...