Monday, February 2, 2009

Offensive


I probably offend people a lot.

More than I'm sure I realize.
I just don't have much of a filter between my brain and my mouth. (See above illustration) Pretty much just a pipe from my brain to my mouth. Nothing to stop a bad idea or inappropriate comment.
(This diagram is also a pretty good representation of my digestive tract, just a pipe from my mouth to my....nevermind.)

If I was in their shoes, I doubt I'd be offended, I'd probably just not laugh. Cause its really not worth it to be offended. Interestingly enough, that is the surest way to get to me and put me in my place if I'm ever out of line (Me? What?) Just don't laugh and I'll know I went too far.

To sum up:

1. I don't mean it personally, so get over it.

2. That digestive tract comment was out of line. Unfortunately I can't see your scowling faces, so I'll just go on assuming it was kind of funny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe it isn't fair to hear from another person still searching for lost tact, but i will probably laugh every time... even at the offensive stuff. that's just how it goes.