Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'll need all the help I can get

I'm giving up Coke.

But just for forty day.

Please, I'm not that strong.

During an all-nighter (ok just until 4, but then I woke up at 8, that's worth something) and consuming copious amounts of caffeine infused "fizzy drinks" I realized I'm a total addict.
The next day I was having all sorts of problems....

I've always said if I have a super-power it is my incredible geographic knowledge (Atlas Man! Ask if you want to see my costume designs) but in a close second it would be the ability to feel caffeine move through my body until it finally reached the tips of my fingers.
That is probably closer to a problem than it is a super-power

So yes, for Lent, I'm giving up Coke.

In light of a recent post I want to assure my mother that I still love her and I'm sure she can find other ways to show me she loves me.


Or what is more likely to happen:

4 comments:

Mateo said...

Giving up Coke for Lent? I'll give you five days and you'll be back on the sauce.

Jill said...

I usually try to give up something I don't want anyway, which means during those 40 days I want it more than ever before. Good luck and God speed.

Katie Leigh said...

I heard on the radio here yesterday that Kroger was having a Lent sale on fish. Any opportunity to make a buck, I guess.

Christine said...

i'm impressed. i don't think i could give any food up for that long!